Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
As a Game Designer II on our competitive team, you'll report directly to the Product Lead and be front and center in designing the competitive features of our game. An advocate for design excellence, you’ll level up those around you and partner with leads from multiple disciplines and across different locations to ensure that our tournaments and overall competitive experience exceeds players’ expectations, and continue to do so over time.
- Design, implement, evolve and maintain LoR’s competitive features
- Work with the Product Lead and Game Director to transform the vision for LoR’s competitive scene into tangible design elements and game features
- Ensure the proper balance between design sustainability, robustness and innovation
- Discover new opportunities conceptually and through rapid prototyping
- Design experiences with globally resonant thematics
- Apply and build an approach to design - identify what is compelling, how that translates to other contexts, and articulate why it works
- Perform and perfect unique solutions within your responsibilities
- Improve existing design frameworks, and create new ones where needed
- Openly share work and seek feedback from other developers. Combine co-worker and player feedback to calibrate design direction
- Choose appropriate means of communicating design intent to other developers
- At least 5 years experience as a professional game designer
- Focused mechanics and systems design ability, demonstrated by a track record in designing game features from beginning to end
- Experience in designing systems for tactical and/or competitive games
- Knowledge of CCGs and their features
- Experience with scripting languages making content
- Experience working with or playing PvP games
- Substantial direct experience in the prototype/early stages of a feature development
- Experience developing a multiplayer game
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.