Senior Systems Designer - Treyarch
Job Title:Senior Systems Designer - Treyarch
As a Senior Systems Designer at Treyarch you will collaborate with development teammates from all disciplines to bring progression, monetization, social, and competitive systems to reality. Starting from high-level design direction, you’ll work with other Systems Designers and team members to create design documentation and assist prototype, iteration, and execution of a variety of Global Systems features.
Global Systems is responsible for the design and creation of game-wide systems that provide long-term fun and engagement in our games. Most of the systems this team delivers are intertwined across the entire game and support a mix of PVP and PVE experiences that cater to a variety of casual, enthusiast, and competitive audiences.
What you’ll do…
- Design progression, monetization, social, and/or competitive systems that delight and engage players for long periods of time.
- Collaborate with various interdisciplinary teams to manage features from ideation to execution, providing feedback and guidance through each step of the process.
- Implement assets and data required to support Global Systems features and initiatives.
- Partner with User Research teams to capture data and feedback that can be used to iterate, improve, and tune owned features.
- Identify opportunities to improve systems design process and workflows and put those improvements into practice with the help of development partners.
- Playtest regularly and provide feedback on global systems features and other components of our games.
To succeed you should have…
- Professional experience designing progression, monetization, social, and/or competitive game systems.
- A positive, supportive, and collaborative approach to working with team members.
- An understanding and consideration of diverse perspectives and experiences.
- A self-motivated work ethic with a desire to learn, absorb feedback, and tackle a variety of design work.
- Attention to detail and a thoughtful approach to solving design problems.
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel -- or willingness to adopt and learn these programs for design documentation.
We’d love it if you also have…
- Experience working in a Progression, Monetization, Social, or Competitive Design position with job responsibilities similar to the above listing with a team of at least 3 game designers in a professional setting.
- Proficiency with debugging and problem solving.
- Experience with first or third-person shooter game design.
- Experience with Live Support (patching a live product).
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.