Senior Technical Animator [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience.
As a Senior Technical Animator at Massive, you'll be the link between art and code. You'll work with industry-leading tools, like our Snowdrop game engine and collaborate with a cross-functional team of Technical Animators, Artists and Programmers.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain tools for DCC packages using Python
- Test and Debug tools and processes to ensure stability and usability
- Collaborating with a team of technical animators to develop current and new tools
- Acting as a mentor for more junior staff and sharing your knowledge
- Be ready for quick tweaks during production to fit the animator's current needs
What you'll bring
You are enthusiastic about animation and the emerging technologies that surround them. You have an eye for quality, enjoy problem-solving and are always seeking to improve. You would like to work in an interdisciplinary team, you are team-oriented and you enjoy giving and receiving constructive feedback to reach the team's shared goal. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of your work
- Several years of professional experience as a Technical Animator (or equivalent) for TV/Film or games indsutry
- Efficient knowledge of Maya and Python
- Facial and body rigging experience is a benefit
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.