Senior Technical Animator [Cinematics]
We are looking for a Senior Technical Animator for our Cinematics team. Your day-to-day will include being a driving force behind developing solutions for technical animation in the cinematics department. This includes character rigging for both body and face, developing tools and pipelines, and enabling our animators to do their best possible work within both the mocap and keyframe spaces. Both for pre-rendered cinematics and real-time. You will play a big part in creating next-generation cinematics for many AAA projects, working with studios from across the globe.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language).
What you'll do
- Closely collaborating with producers, leads, directors, and other teams to push the pipeline and the vision of what animation and rigging can be
- Rigging and skinning of a variety of characters, creatures, vehicles, and gear
- Researching and keeping up to date with new rigging solutions to advance our pipeline and workflows to the next level
- Collaborating with a team of technical animators to develop current and new rigging tools
- Be ready for quick tweaks during production to fit the animators’ current needs
What you'll bring
You are enthusiastic about games, animation, rigging, and the emerging technologies that surround them. You are constantly on the lookout for ways to improve visual quality, and what is behind it or the workflow to achieve it. You are open to developing your own and your wider teams' ideas and you constantly aspire to push your work to the highest possible level. This means that you are approachable, flexible, and structured. It is also important that you have good verbal and written communication skills to be able to share your knowledge with the rest of the team and stakeholders.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience within technical animation and/or rigging from TV/Film or game cinematics
- Good knowledge in Maya and Python
- Facial and body rigging experience
- Relevant demo-reel
- It is a bonus if you have previous experience in Houdini and MotionBuilder. To be relevant for this role we expect you to be interested in learning both, even if you do not have previous experience
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.