Senior Technical Animator (F/M/NB)
We are looking for a Technical Animator, to join the Animation team working on our next project, still unannounced.
- Work closely with the animation team to define, create, and maintain animation pipelines
- Integrate, create, and update state machines and blend trees (blueprints)
- Provide technical support for the tools, engine and animation teams
- Interact and collaborate with different teams (Art, Design, Code) to fulfill tasks according to production schedule and development needs
- Be proactive in identifying issues and creating efficient solutions
- Write documentation about technical working processes plus any other knowledge-sharing required
- Interact with the other departments to improve the animation systems in order to get the best possible animations while respecting the technical constraints
- You have a technical profile with a strong interest for the creative aspect of animation
- Strong experience in State Machines/Blueprints or other similar Animation systems (Unreal, Unity or propriety).
- Excellent technical knowledge of the main 3D software – MotionBuilder is a plus
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Excellent capacity to communicate verbally as well as written (both French and English)
- Be adaptable, approachable, and positive in the workplace
- Familiarity with geometric and numerical algorithms
- Excellent knowledge of Python and C# (be able to read and understand source code)
- A passion for Videogame development
- Knowledge of C++
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency for the animation team.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- Contrat : Permanent contract
- Location : Role based in Bordeaux - France
- Remote Work : Hybrid
· Phone Interview with a recruiter
· Interview(s) with our internal teams
· Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.