Senior Technical Artist - Beyond Good & Evil 2
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will work together with the Art team and the Engine Team assisting in visual tasks with a heavy technical component and supporting both teams and their workflow and pipelines.
What you´ll do
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software and hardware to develop early planning of tools and processes.
- Collaborate with team leads to identify, setup and optimize art production pipelines for the specific needs of the project.
- Maintain a balance between the creative vision and the technical budget restraints.
- Identify potential risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management.
- Research and develop technical tools for the 3D art production.
- Research and oversee the implementation of rendering techniques.
- Assisting in asset performance and validation. Working within the limits of the game engine, curating file sizes, polygon counts and loading speeds.
What you´ll bring
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title as a Senior Technical Artist
- Deep knowledge about different art creation workflows and tools (3D Studio Max, Substance Painter, Substance Designer)
- Strong understanding of real time rendering requirements, rendering pipelines, and rendering capabilities for next-gen technologies
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python C# and/or Lua to create powerful scripts/tools (Export/import tools, content processors, etc)
- Proven experience developing complex shaders and VFX (destruction, water systems, procedural FX generation, etc…)
- Good understanding of optimization techniques (mesh optimizations, image compression techniques, etc.)
- Ability to monitor, measure and understand the technical requirements of art content. (polycount, pixel-texel ratio, drawcalls, shader complexity, etc…)
- Knowledge in procedural tools like Houdini/Substance Designer
- C++ experience
- Experience working with Game Engines (Unreal, Unity, CryEngine)
Our studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! We bet that you know Barcelona, either for its amazing architecture / monuments, famous nightlife, restaurants, super weather and beaches, culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different foods, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-minded and dynamic people.
We encourage everyone to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture to develop the best AAA game and invest time in playing any type of games, if it’s together, even better!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to meet you!
Benefits and perk
- Restaurant Tickets: 120 € per month (1440€ net/Year).
- 25 working days of holidays and the day of your birthday.
- Flexible working hours & Flexible Friday.
- Work from home (Up to 60 % in a month).
- Beneficial Price to a Health Care Insurance for you (and eventually to the members of your family).
- Beneficial Price to Sport activities and gym (app: Andjoy).
- Access to tax discounts from your public transport and kindergarten costs.
- Free Fruits and drinks in the Office.
- Breakfast on Monday in the Office.
- Free access to Ubisoft games on PC / Discounts for Ubisoft console games.
- Team Building events.
- Relocation Assistance and Visa sponsorship.
Ubisoft Barcelona as an equal opportunity employer is committed to create an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, age, marital status, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from different backgrounds.