Senior Technical Artist, Engine Conversion Tools, Emerging Technologies
Do you want to help us bring Unity's ecosystem even closer to the wider community?
Our Strategic Technologies team has a new opening for a technical artist with senior experience! Our team empowers the game creators community by developing a new set of extensions for major proprietary and commercial engines that will enable content creators to easily and seamlessly convert their content assets or scenes to the Unity Engine.
As a hardworking Senior Technical Artist who is experienced in extending or interacting with game engines, you will assist our development team in building innovative workflows to reduce content-related challenges. You will also optimize and extend our supported features with comprehensive and well crafted extensions!
For interested team members, there are opportunities for travel to Unity and customer offices.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to develop tools and workflows whilst maintaining efficiency, scalability, performance, ease of use and visual fidelity of imported source content
- Co-develop models, rigs, shaders, and other art assets with our partners’ art teams to demonstrate how best to integrate our new technology into their workflow
- Analyze and discuss performance impacts and visual trade-offs of processes and content changes with our clients
- Proactively formulate, propose, and implement improvements to assets and asset development processes while advocating for, and implementing improvements for Unity’s tools
What we’re looking for
- Experience shipping real-time 3D AAA games while working in an artistic or technical-artistic role
- Experience crafting importers/exporters for game engines
- Programming proficiency in C# and Python with extensive experience maintaining or working with proprietary or commercial game engines such as Unity, Unreal, FrostByte, CryEngine, etc.
- A proven understanding and experience with driving the software development lifecycle, release processes, and iterative development practices
- A detailed approach to problem solving with the ability to reverse-engineer sophisticated systems and hard problems
You might also have
- A strong familiarity with games and VFX industry standard DCC tools such as Ziva tools, Maya, Blender, Houdini, and Substance, as well as file formats and asset creation workflows
- Proven experience producing asset contents or scripts using commercial engines
- Experience in one visual scripting, animation, and/or lighting
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.