Senior Technical Artist, Pipeline Tools & Tech
Crystal Dynamics is constantly seeking the best gaming talent worldwide to add to our 30-plus year legacy of AAAA game development creating new and iconic franchises. We are committed to making great games with great people and having an awesome time living the dream while doing it.
Benefits for our full-time positions include, but are not limited to, a competitive regional salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options, professional development reimbursement perk, flexible hybrid on-site/off-site work opportunities, 12 company paid holidays, additional 10 paid days in December when the studio is closed for holiday break, and the ability to accrue weeks of personal paid time-off.
Join us and shape the future of an amazing studio culture committed to creating award-winning franchises like Tomb Raider, Marvel\'s Avengers, the next Perfect Dark, and more!
Come be a part of the future of Tomb Raider! We’re looking for a Tech Artist to...
- Architect tools and pipelines to support the needs of the project’s content creation team
- Contribute to, maintain, and set standards for a large codebase of core Python API’s / libraries
- Support 3rd party DCC applications, including writing tools and custom plug-ins, managing content between applications, and investigating, integrating, and managing new applications
- Build artist-oriented user interfaces for tools based on UI / UX principles to create art centric toolsets, focusing on increasing productivity, aiding workflow, and reducing human error
- Mentor less experienced members of the Technical Art team and identify opportunities for them to grow their abilities
- Provide day-to-day technical guidance on tool and pipeline initiatives, including code and design document reviews
- Establish efficient content workflows, processes, and best practices through writing documentation and technical design documents that are understandable to a wide audience
- Assist in educating art staff from a technical, workflow and efficiency standpoint. Help artists troubleshoot pipeline issues and collect feedback for future improvements
In order be considered for this role, you must have...
- Experience as a Senior Technical Artist developing high quality console titles (throughout various stages of life cycle) with at least one shipped title
- Showcases strong technical aptitude and expert working knowledge of Python, Maya, and UI/UX design
- Deep understanding of tools development, specifically within Maya, and proficiency with Substance Designer/Painter, Houdini, and Photoshop
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical disciplines
- Excellent time management skills and high levels of integrity, autonomy, and adaptability
The following are bonus, but it will certainly catch our eye if you also have...
- A demo reel (approximately two minutes) showcasing best work from professional and personal projects. An ideal reel will include a breakdown of work done for each project presented in the demo reel, including a description of the original problem, an overview of the solution as well as technical details, explanation of contributions you were directly responsible for, and thoughts on shortcomings and possible future improvements.
- Source code, if you are able to share it! Ideally, provide a link to your github account.
The pay range for this role includes the annual base salary, not including bonus and the generous benefits package that Crystal Dynamics provides all full-time employees. Individual compensation is determined by work location within our approved states, as well as additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education. Your recruiter will be able to share more information about total compensation.
Not sure if you are qualified? We hope that you will still choose to apply so we may review your application!
Crystal Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to identifying and implementing positive and persistent measures to ensure equal opportunity in the recruitment, hiring, development, training, promotion and compensation of a diverse team employee group. This includes persons of different race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, political affiliation, age, veteran status, uniform service member status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or citizenship, as well as any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand Crystal Dynamics’s Privacy Notice available at https://www.crystald.com/legal/privacy/.