Senior Technical Artist - Rigging - R&D Office/China R&D
拳头公司成立于 2006 年，负责开发，发行，以及支持全球玩家凝聚力最紧密的游戏。2009 年，我们推出了自己的第一款游戏 《英雄联盟》，赢得了全世界的广泛赞誉，此后这款游戏成为世界上玩得最多的PC游戏，并成为电竞爆炸性增长的关键驱动力。
- 精通数字内容创建工具，尤其是 Maya，以及使用 Python/Mel 编写脚本
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Senior Rigging Technical Artist in Research & Development-Shanghai, you'll dive deep on rigging Characters, creatures, props and living parts of the arenas, and work closely with artists of all disciplines for creating game art assets. You will work with Product Leads, Art Lead, team members, and the Art Director, to stay aligned on vision and priorities, and will report to the Technical Art Lead. You will anticipate and work on discovery processes to evolve and improve current workflows. You will be expressing your vision for future opportunities regarding the creation of the contents for the player and you will facilitate the delivery of content with improved quality targets and less workflow hurdles.
- Rig characters, creatures, and animated props, working closely with animators to achieve engaging in-game animation performance
- Develop and maintain rigging solutions and animation tools that cover different character types as well as experience with facial rigging systems that include usage of blend shapes and simple motion capture techniques to create rich details facial performances
- Provide technical support to artists working from our art workflows, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using
- Spread knowledge of the team’s processes and help teams expand their technical know-how
- Find creative solutions to eliminate difficult problems in production and propose improvements to pipelines, processes and techniques
- Communicate with multiple other disciplines to ensure all rigging and animation assets are performant
- 5+ years experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Expertise in digital content creation tools, particularly Maya, as well as scripting in Python/Mel
- Knowledge of figure and facial anatomy
- Knowledge of the human figure and facial anatomy that translates into efficient rigging solutions and facial rigging systems
- Artist empathy & Technical know-how to act as an ambassador between multiple art disciplines and software engineering
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP
- Experience giving direction and delivering clear, constructive feedback to vendors and external artists
- Expertise in game animation development using modern engine tools, such as Animation Blueprint Editor and Animation Sequence Editor in Unreal Engine
- Proficient Python programmer in UE art tools development
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.