Senior Technical Artist - Sports Technology
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Tech provides specialized technology teams working on modern character motion, content pipelines and workflows, machine learning, game security, dev ops, as well as long lead feature and technology development for all EA SPORTS titles.
As part of EA SPORTS Tech, the Technical Art Team helps push visual boundaries and experiences for our players. We invest in future technologies, shared tooling, and production workflows. We combine creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to work every day.
The Senior Technical Artist (Sr. TA) develops pipelines, workflows, and technology innovations used by content creators across all of EA SPORTS. As part of a central team of Technical Artists, they partner with development teams to build shared and scalable solutions. The main areas of responsibilities include development of content production tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration, and workflows. Sr. TAs are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their projects and bring them to resolution.
You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science background; however, you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science. Senior Technical Artists report to Technical Art Directors on the EA SPORTS Tech - Technical Art team.
- At least 6+ years of cinematic/games production experience.
- Abachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a related field.
- Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Proficient scripting/programming in Python or C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
- Experience with 2D/3D art packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Houdini.
- Asolutions-provider, especially as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
- Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- Awillingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- APassion for Games!