Senior Technical Artist, UI
The Unity Accelerate Solutions Games Services team is a group of highly skilled Software Engineers and Technical Art developers with deep expertise in the Unity platform, whose main goal is to help our customers improve their projects and internal workflows and assist them in resolving a wide variety of technical problems. We provide a series of short-term and long-term development services which can range in duration from one week to eighteen months and beyond.
Our customer base spans a wide range of fields, such as video games, entertainment, manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, and architecture. If you're technically skilled, have the desire to share your expertise, and are not afraid of constantly being pushed out of your comfort zone, this job will suit you!
This role might involve occasional travel to customers’ offices and other Unity offices, primarily within North America.
What you’ll be doing
- Become embedded with external customer teams to develop interactive applications and tools in long-term engagements.
- Develop close relationships with Unity's internal development teams and provide customer feedback and use cases to them
- Efficiently address problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Help the Engineering and Program Managers scope projects for customers and develop implementation strategies.
- Grow and maintain your technical knowledge while sharing your expertise with junior members in a mentorship capacity.
What we’re looking for
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze, and improve the performance of game assets, UI, and visual effects.
- Experience in shipping games or other real-time interactive applications, particularly UI-heavy games.
- Proficient in written and spoken English, able to clearly communicate ideas and technical knowledge as well as successfully incorporate UI/UX design concepts.
- Comfortable, nay motivated, when it comes to diving into areas outside of their expertise.
You might also have
- Hands on knowledge of different UI frameworks, such as Unity's UGUI, IMGUI or UI Toolkit systems.
- Knowledge of 2D workflows, such as sprite animation and rigging, texture atlases.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.