Senior Technical Artist - Unannounced AAA title
As a Senior Technical Artist at Ubisoft Barcelona, you will work as part of the team responsible for several gameplay features on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, and continue their mission to develop exciting, challenging, and forward-thinking features and next-gen visuals for an upcoming AAA title.
This role will require you to act as a bridge between the Artists, Designers and Programmers by supporting those teams and their workflow, pipelines, and tools.
What you´ll do
- Support other teams working on their workflows, pipelines and tools to allow them to streamline their work.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, adapting pipelines, workflows, and tools accordingly to reach the expected quality within the creative vision.
- Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management.
- Collaborate with team leads to identify and develop art production processes and technologies that meet other teams needs for creating high quality art with limited resources.
- Be a reference for the team in relation to technical art and find solutions to complex issues that may arise.
- Optimize content for memory and performance gains.
- Participate in the selection of new team members.
- Share knowledge within the team and mentor more junior team members
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the industry & develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
- Shipped at least 2 AAA title as a Technical Artist.
- Extensive knowledge about the art pipeline. From content creation tools to engine integration and set-up.
- Proficient knowledge on Shaders creation, pipelines, engine integration and performance impact, to support VFX.
- Experience with world procedural generation systems.
- Experience with scripting and plugin programming
- Ability to monitor, measure and understand the technical requirements of art content.
- Proven experience developing in-engine tools for art development
- Team player.
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility.
- Experience with Houdini will be a big plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and great verbal and written communication skills in English
Our studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! We bet that you know Barcelona, either for its amazing architecture / monuments, famous nightlife, restaurants, super weather and beaches, culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different foods, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-minded and dynamic people.
We encourage everyone to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture to develop the best AAA game and invest time in playing any type of games, if it’s together, even better!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to meet you!
What we offer
- Restaurant Tickets: 120 € per month (1440€ net/Year).
- 25 working days of holidays and the day of your birthday.
- Flexible working hours & Flexible Friday.
- Work from home (Up to 60 % in a month).
- Beneficial Price to a Health Care Insurance for you (and eventually to the members of your family).
- Beneficial Price to Sport activities and gym (app: Andjoy).
- Access to tax discounts from your public transport and kindergarten costs.
- Free Fruits and drinks in the Office.
- Breakfast on Monday in the Office.
- Free access to Ubisoft games on PC / Discounts for Ubisoft console games.
- Team Building events.
- Relocation Assistance and Visa sponsorship.
Ubisoft Barcelona as an equal opportunity employer is committed to create an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, age, marital status, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from different backgrounds.
We encourage you to provide
- CV in English (In respect of the EOE statement we don´t require personal information such as picture, home address, ID number, etc.)