Senior Technical Artist (Unannounced Project)
We are PUBG, the global battle royale phenomenon! After the release of our flagship title in 2017 we have become one of the highest selling games of all time with over 70 million copies sold – that’s a lot of Chicken Dinners! We are now incredibly excited to be recruiting for our new Unannounced Project.
We are headquartered in Seoul, South Korea and sit within the KRAFTON, Inc. corporation. From our Amsterdam office, we cover Europe, Middle East & Africa, and the CIS region, and have teams dedicated to Game Development, Product Management, Esports, Content, Communications, Creative, Merchandise, HR and more.
Our office is situated in the Amsterdam Arena area, a buzzing business hub in the southeastern part of the city. Accommodating some of the world’s largest and most exciting companies, the area also transforms at night into a popular social destination. Not far from our office, you’ll find iconic venues such as the Ziggo Dome, Heineken Music Hall and Johan Cruijff Arena – home of Ajax Football Club.
Our Amsterdam team reflects the city’s diverse look and feel. Being mainly expats, we currently represent more than 20 different nationalities – and we are still growing and adding to our team.
As a Senior Technical Artist you will be bridging the gap between artists and engineers, ensuring performance and technical compliance. You will research, innovate and give technical support and guidance to help us reach the highest quality possible in the most efficient manner. You will be joining the project at the very beginning and having an opportunity to make a significant contribution to its development.
- Act as point of contact between the art and programming teams
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software and hardware to develop early planning of tools and processes
- Put in place graphic production pipelines
- Work closely with the Art Leads to deliver the art vision within the project requirements
- Drive optimization and debugging to fix issues raised.
What we’re ideally looking for:
- Several years’ experience in a similar role within the games industry
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title
- Strong technical proficiency with Unreal Engine 4\5
- Understanding and history of proficiency in using 3D graphics software such as Maya\Max or similar, Houdini, Substance
- Working knowledge of scripting/programming using languages such as MaxScript, Python, C Sharp etc.
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art
- Experience with VFX such as particle, soft and rigidbody simulations
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- An allowance to cover the Dutch mandatory health insurance
- 25 paid + 4 extra paid working days off a year
- Relocation package
- Pension scheme
- A commuter allowance
- A range of snacks & drinks
- Free gym facility in our office building
- Full assistance with visas and the 30% ruling applications when the candidate is eligible
If this sounds like a good fit for your skills and experience then apply right away!