Senior Technical Delivery Manager
Job Title:Senior Technical Delivery Manager
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Activision Blizzard, Inc is seeking a Senior Technical Delivery Manager to join our Security Team! You must have a strong and demonstrated aptitude for INFORMATION SECURITY and IT, supported by extensive and diverse experience in leading high-profile technical programs and projects. Your responsibilities will span into the domain knowledge of Enterprise IT Security, IT Engineering, IT Operations and Application Development. You will provide overall leadership guidance and direction to your project teams. Your decisions will shape initiative or team and may have business-wide impact.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for delivering Global Security programs and projects with Security partners, IT, Game Teams, Compliance, and Legal.
- Help to improve Security project management framework and reporting.
- Manage highly complex and diverse Information Security projects and business issues that require an ability to evaluate intangibles.
- Support the Global Security Operations Center, Information Security Incident Management, Information Security
- Engineering, Information Security Architecture, Vulnerability Research, and GRC functions.
- Drive and determine methods and procedures on new work efforts and act as a team lead.
- Lead direct others and independently to determine methods and procedures for key initiatives.
- Facilitate communication to stakeholders and senior management teams to ensure expectations are managed correctly.
- Draw on extensive technical experience to understand change implications from a broad technical perspective, adding a ‘big picture’ view to the discussions.
- Facilitate regularly scheduled team meetings to track project progress and keep the team informed of changes in priority/scope.
- Define, negotiate, communicate, implement, and monitor quality standards on all project deliverables.
- Lead workgroup for technical requirements, design deliverables, or closure acceptance list.
- Ensure project documents are up to date and stored appropriately.
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate, and communicate project risks and issues.
- Manage project backlog and continuously groom it.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify acceptance criteria.
- Act as project team leader and become the primary interface to all stakeholders.
- Drive the team cadence - project, communication, and partner engagements (internal & external).
- Ensure 3rd party vendors understand and can deliver on expectations and acceptance criteria.
- Forecast, track and manage project budgets, POs, and invoices.
- Effectively apply Project Management standards and practices in the areas of project planning,
- coordinating, budget management, scheduling, and monitoring.
- Present proposals, progress reports and recommendations to the highest levels in the organization, both verbally and in writing.
- Drive the beginning to end stakeholder experience.
- Manage sensitive cross-team engagements on subjects such as dependency alignment, schedule alignment, and managing expectations with internal and external customers.
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Provide support to incident, problem and change management.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Certification in PMP or PSM is preferred. ITIL (v3/v4), CISM and/or CISSP are highly desired.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Minimum 8+ years of continuous experience as an IT engineer or Technical Project Lead.
- Strong technical knowledge of Information Security and IT is a must:
- Information Security frameworks (ISO, NIST, CIS, etc.)
- N tiered architecture
- Network (OSI model, ACL to NG firewall concepts)
- OS concepts: Linux, AIX, Windows Server
- Cloud transformation
- Storage (SAN, NAS)
- Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum or KANBAN framework.
- Thoroughly versed in SDLC concepts and practices, particularly as it relates to promotion and deployment of routine fixes and major releases into a production environment.
- Proficiency in Confluence and JIRA toolset. Admin Level is highly desired.
- Strong organization and leadership skills with the ability to facilitate technical sessions and perform mentoring for less senior team members.
- Capable of communicating complex technical information to a non-technical audience and of communicating structured production process requirements to a technical audience.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $38.85 - $71.83 Hourly. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.