Senior Technical Designer [New IP] (513)
As part of a multidisciplinary production team, develop and maintain gameplay ingredients, systems and pipelines to create game features and content within the scope of a project. Support other disciplines by bridging the gap between engineering and design. Constantly seek to improve production efficiency and product quality
- Drive the prototyping of technical elements of game features.
- Collaborate with Technical Directors to establish and share project technical constraints.
- Keep up to date with game design, assess game features, highlight risks, and work with Technical Director to design and develop systemic solutions.
- Help maintain a balance between the creative vision and technical constraints.
- Define and champion best practices, guidelines and standards.
- Collaborate with the Leads and Technical Direction to set the project metrics.
- Follow and champion the project metrics.
- Review and validate content to ensure that it meets technical standards, conforms to metrics and best practices, communicate issues to designers.
- Collaborate with others in the development of innovative content and contribute to efforts to improve the technical quality of the content.
- Assess tools & pipelines and work with the team to design & implement improvements.
- Validate new features & tools, and participate in their deployment.
- Contribute to documentation and organise training sessions for all designers on the tools and methods used on the project.
- Debug and implement reliable solutions to difficult issues.
- Provide technical support on the tools and engines to the team.
Skills and Knowledge
- Visual scripting or coding in at least one language.
- Curiosity and drive to understand how things work.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate in technical language.
- Ability to clearly express and present ideas.
- Knowledge of industry standard technologies and workflows.
- Development experience in a design or technical role, with significant involvement in 1 released product a plus.
- Full-lifecycle experience is a plus, but not essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in game design, programming or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with 3D engines (Such as Unity, Unreal, CryEngine etc.).
- Training or experience in programming is an asset.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.