Senior Technical Designer - New Sci-Fi FPS IP
Creative Assembly's award-winning team behind Alien Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand new, and exciting First-Person Shooter IP, using Unreal 4.
This is an opportunity to join the team as Senior Technical Designer and make your mark on our new undisclosed IP contributing to creation of a genre-defining game working with some of the industry’s top developers. Our studios are based in Horsham, West Sussex.
There are also opportunities for an expert candidate to join the team at a higher-level position.
As an experienced Technical Designer, you will be responsible for developing gameplay features and systems in collaboration with other designers and programmers.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Use your technical skills to prove features by building prototypes and writing clear documentation. Turning prototypes into release-ready features in a live environment that supports iterative development
- Work with gameplay, and tools coders, to ensure smooth implementation with efficient and robust workflows
- Bring your experience and expertise to the project and work with the development team to recognise and resolve problems as they arise.
- Significant experience in a Technical Design role in a game development environment, ideally one of which AAA
- Keen problem solver: able to clearly get to the root cause and work to resolve issues
- Strong communication skills in spoken and written English
- Understanding of what is required to take a feature from concept to release working within a cross-discipline team
- Proficient in visual and text-based scripting/programming languages(Blueprints/C++)
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Knowledge of design methodologies and frameworks
- Experience with persistent titles, operating as live products’
- Great attention to detail
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.