Senior Technical Level Designer (F/M/NB)
As part of a new AAA unannounced game production team, you will:
- Master the procedure for creating high-quality standard Level Design content (world, ingredients, progression, AI, etc…)
- Create clear and solid communication streams with Design directors, producers and programmers to discuss creative improvement, planning deadlines and technical requirements.
- Conduct and report gameplay prototypes with related jobs (art, sound, animation, etc…)
- Provide technical coaching to Level Designers with accessible and exhaustive documentation and dedicated threads to ensure the appliance of good practices and methodologies updates.
- Propose relevant improvements on the different tools and pipelines.
- Ensure cleanliness and stability of the data.
- Set and maintain a clear tasks backlog using organization-oriented tools.
- Relevant experience in working on AAA titles
- Basic understanding of script languages (C# preferably)
- Knowledge and understanding of the video game development process
- Good organization skills
- Software knowledge (Photoshop, 3DS Max/Blender, Houdini) and at least one editor skills (Unreal / Unity)
- A passion for video games as well as significant in-depth knowledge of the Technical Design field and philosophy, especially towards open worlds
- Strong knowledge of systemic and procedural approaches is a must
- A great design sense, with strong communication skills, critical thinking and an creative potential.
- A team player with a willingness to share feedbacks and help members of the team grow themselves.
- Strong analytic skills
- Phone interview with one of our recruiters
- Technical interview with the business teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not selected, you will receive a negative response.
As an employer, Ubisoft offers equal employment opportunities to all regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability and age. Ubisoft is committed to developing an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of its gaming community in its teams. All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.