Senior Technical Producer - Central R&D Team
Technical Producers guide teams in creating player value through agile work systems and practices. While driving internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, we focus on continuous improvement. We're interlaced on teams throughout the entire company, coordinating across different products and regions as we share goals, insights, and standard methodologies. It is through this communal learning, and sharing of information that we can help lead teams across Riot to delivery excellence.
As a Senior Technical Producer on the R&D team, you will be a part of the leadership bench overseeing engineering efforts on multiple products within the studio, specifically focusing on products in the production stage. You'll work with producers and technical leaders across multiple products and central technology teams. You will be accountable for ensuring that the product teams follow the best practices of the stage. You will also be accountable for supporting them on their journey to launch. You will help launch new world-class products to players. Given the technical nature of the group’s work, a successful candidate combines a technical background with a broad production methodology toolkit. You will report to the Engineering Director of the Central R&D Team.
- Holistically oversee technology progress for production stage game teams
- Help define the best practices for the production stage in collaboration with larger Riot. Hold teams accountable for compliance
- Support game teams, shepherd them through the production stage
- Connect game teams with central teams. Schedule periodical and/or as-needed conversations with central teams. Track needs from central teams
- Track engineering progress against ideal production roadmap towards the launch. Make work & progress against roadmap visible to R&D Leadership and partners
- Partner with central technology teams for prioritization and dependency resolution across multiple teams
- Prepare periodical assessment reports on progress towards launch, integration with the larger Riot tech ecosystem and the health of collaboration between the game teams and the central teams
- 6+ years of experience developing games as a technical producer / engineer
- 4+ years of experience using Agile methodologies
- Experience being part of a game team from pre-production to launch
- Experience managing competing priorities to deliver the right value for customers
- Strong communication skills that enable long term, sustained, healthy relationships
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience with strong technical knowledge, problem-solving skills, and understanding of basic programming concepts.
- Experience developing live service games
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $168,000 USD - $234,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).