Senior Technical Program Manager - Data Goverance
Discord is your place to talk. Whether you're part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to create connections, hang out, and talk. Technical Program Managers operate within the Engineering organization and leverage their technical knowledge and TPM fundamentals deliver results. This is a Senior TPM role, reporting to the Director of TPM, responsible for driving the execution of Data Governance initiatives. If you possess excellent organizational and communication skills and have a proven track record of successfully delivering cross-functional, scalable programs, we'd encourage you to apply!
What you'll be doing
- Manage multiple data governance programs and projects impacting our Data Platform, Data Science, Legal, Privacy and Security teams
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to define goals and milestones for your programs and projects
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans to ensure on-time delivery
- Proactively identify risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting at multiple levels of the organization including executives
What you should have
- 5+ years of technical product/program management experience, software engineering, or data governance/data platform/privacy work
- Knowledge and experience in technical program management methodologies
- Experience delivering technical programs or products from inception to delivery including promoting their impact
- Able to break down complex challenges into workable components and make continuous progress towards solving a problem vs. trying to boil the ocean
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- A love for helping & empowering others
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience
- Experience working in the data governance or privacy space for a similar sized company
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $178,000 to $192,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
#buildbelonging #LI-Hybrid #LI-WK1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!