Senior Technical Project Manager
Job Title:Senior Technical Project Manager
As a Technical Project Manager at Activision, you will work within the Consumer Technology group to manage various software development projects. Candidates should have experience coordinating and completing large scale projects while working with a team of talented engineers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the day-to-day development schedule for several software projects concurrently.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders to identify priorities based on available resources and
- negotiate tradeoffs as needed.
- Assign resources to individual projects and ensure project requirements are clearly defined.
- Ensure milestones are being met and projects are on-track.
- Proactively work with stakeholders to identify upcoming development needs.
- Work in a collaborative environment with some cool people.
Year 1 Success:
- Delivery of projects on-time with no critical or blocker issues.
- Proactively anticipate business needs to ensure the team is set up for success.
- Maintain team cohesion so everyone is on the same page and working towards a shared goal.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a software engineering/development environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective communicator dealing with both technical and non-technical people.
- Well organized and able to handle tight deadlines.
- Self-starter that requires little oversight to get the job done.
- Works well in a collaborate environment.
- Exceptional critical thinking, strategic planning, and process management skills.
- Able to identify areas of improvement with processes and work with the appropriate team members to implement changes.
- Well versed in project management techniques such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years experience OR at least four years experience managing software development projects.
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years—as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most groundbreaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they’ll tell you it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most groundbreaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best
and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a
perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $92,920.00 - $171,814.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.