Senior Technical UI Artist
A scarce and unique opportunity is now open at Ubisoft Australia as we seek a Senior UI Technical Artist to craft AAA-quality visuals for our anticipated new IP, XDefiant. Responsible for conceptualizing and implementing a seamless blend of front-end and diegetic FX (meta-game and in-world); this role is pivotal in developing our game's distinct look and feel. A highly technical mindset, game engine experience and visual scripting skills are essential as this is not a traditional UI position.
Working in tight collaboration with UX Designers, game designers, tech artists and engineers, the successful applicant will have strong knowledge of 2D, 3D and programmatic art development, ultimately generating fun and creative interactions for players. Demonstrable examples of motion design and real-time animation are prerequisites.
WHAT WILL YOU'LL DO
- Work with UX designers, game designers and engineers to bring ideas to life
- Create visual concepts based on white-box designs and prototypes
- Work within the game Engine to implement visuals, interactions, animations and/or VFX
- Capably problem-solve technical and theoretical problems
- Govern visual consistency and integrity of UI assets, systems and performance.
- Develop collaborative relationships with co-devs in various time zones
- Define creative processes, best practices and developmental systems
- Mentor, educate and up-skill team members in their respective fields
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Professional visual scripting and game engine capabilities
- Skilled with programmatic animation, shaders, particles, rendering and real-time VFX
- Strong knowledge of visual systems and creative communications
- Technical experience with interaction design
- Exemplary use of industry best practices, UX principles and interactivity
- Sophisticated eye for visual aesthetics
GOOD TO HAVE
- Graphic Design and typographic sensibilities
- Ability to generate key art and concept art
- Knowledge of C#, C++ or any other programming language
- Working knowledge of Graphics Mathematics (Vectors, trigonometry, matrices, Boolean logic, etc.)
- Knowledge of rendering pipelines
Please attach your portfolio in your application. Thank you.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Flexible work arrangements
- Choice of paid parking or public transport expenses
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly Rostered Days Off (in addition to Annual Leave)
- Paid time off to volunteer
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft's key environmental Commitments: Climate change is an urgent problem that affects us all, and Ubisoft is committed to doing its part to protect our planet by reducing our carbon emissions and inspiring our communities to take action. Played by millions around the world, video games can give players tools to learn more about sustainability and mobilise them to act on climate change. We believe that we will only make progress through collective effort: that’s why Ubisoft is actively working with other video game companies to move our industry forward through the UN’s Playing for the Planet Alliance.
This role can be either onsite or remote (within Australia).
We do not sponsor VISA or relocation.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.