Senior Technical Writer
Unity believes the world is a better place with more creators. Join us on the Docs team as we help them succeed!
In this role, you will gain a deep technical understanding of Unity products by working closely with engineering teams and the technologies themselves. You will apply that understanding and your writing skills to create content that explains and inspires. You will also collaborate with other writers to build a consistent and cohesive content experience across products, to build standards for coverage and style, to learn from one another, and to elevate writing at Unity.
This is a full-time role based in Brighton with full benefits and the option of hybrid working.
What you’ll be doing
- Creating sets of technical content (user and developer guides, API references, SDKs, code samples) for multiple products or features
- Contributing to content strategy for complex content sets
- Partnering with product managers and engineers to understand each feature’s underlying technology, target audience, and documentation needs
- Leading by example in ensuring that documentation is as clear, concise, accurate, and usable as possible
- Working on a globally distributed team, maintaining active communication with partners across timezones
What we’re looking for
- Technical depth and hands-on experience with software development workflows and concepts
- The ability to distill sophisticated technical concepts into clear, easy-to-understand, user-focused documentation
- A successful track record delivering high-quality content in a fast-paced software development environment
- The ability to lead by example and provide guidance and coaching to less experienced writers.
- The ability to manage your time well, and to work asynchronously in a collaborative environment
You might also have
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages, game development, digital artistry, or real-time 3D development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Git or other source control tool experience
Relocation support is not available for this position.
Work Visa/Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.