Senior Texture Artist
The Senior Texture Artist plays a crucial role in defining the visual identity of an AAA game product's next-generation experience through the creation and optimization of photorealistic textures. This individual actively contributes to artistic directions, resolves technical issues, and collaborates closely with key stakeholders, including the Art Director, Lead, Modeler, and Technical Director, to achieve the desired visual aesthetics.
- Create, modify, and organize next-gen photorealistic textures.
- Collaborate closely with the Art Director, Lead, Modeler, and Technical Director to achieve desired visuals.
- Contribute to the project’s artistic direction.
- Anticipate challenges, propose solutions, and suggest improvements to solve technical issues.
- Demonstrate expertise in texturing, assignation, and mapping.
- Efficiently utilize texture space while considering pixel ratio.
- Understand memory and performance constraints, optimizing textures while maintaining high quality.
- Set up materials according to shaders using in-house tools.
- Contribute to the project texturing pipeline and improve the workflows for texture creation.
- Be adaptable and willing to perform any other ad-hoc duties as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the AAA game industry.
- Expert in Photoshop and Substance Painter.
- Expert in creating procedural realistic tiling textures using Substance Designer.
- Expert in PBR workflow.
- Proficient in 3D modelling, preferably using 3DSMax and Zbrush.
- Good knowledge of modeling techniques, UV texture mapping, and materials.
- Superior sense of detail, color, and lighting value in texture creation and material settings.
- Ability to understand and integrate technical constraints into the artistic process.
- Experience with processing scan data and familiarity with Photogrammetry pipelines is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a creative and collaborative team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficiently manages deadlines and production pressures.
- Strives for high-quality work while adhering to schedules.
- Willingness and ability to share knowledge with other team members.
We are working to enrich players’ lives through unique and memorable gaming experiences and by improving the positive impacts of our games. To get there, we are creating a safer, more inclusive work environment, we are giving back to the communities where Ubisoft operates by working with local non-profit partners and by working to reduce the environmental impact of our business. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!