Senior Tools Programmer [Anno] (f/m/d)
Anno is a critically acclaimed and award-winning franchise, offering a rich city-building experience and providing players ample opportunity to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistics networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare.
As a Senior Tools Programmer you belong to Anno's Tools Department. It will be your mission to take ownership of our tool pipeline and to improve it in close collaboration with other departments. Thanks to your taking ownership and improvement of the pipeline you make everyone else's life easier and help us deliver an outstanding product and game experience.
Acting both as an experienced programmer and a direction-providing mentor for less experienced colleagues, you reduce overhead and support the team so they can focus on game development. You will be responsible to develop, design and maintain the tool stack for all Anno products. These tools can vary from visual tools for the art department, game configuration tools for game designers to utilities for developers. The main technologies you will work with are C#, WPF, and C++/CLI.
What you will do:
- Develop, maintain and extend our core tools
- Coach and mentor other members of the Tools team, empowering them to innovate
- Determine and correct tools-bugs identified by your colleagues
- Analyze existing functions in the engine and see how they could be enhanced to fulfill the intentions of the project - Suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems
- Working on the Game Engine pipeline
- Ensuring the development, maintenance, documentation, and overall quality (including implementation, performance, stability and usability) of the tools and modules
- Follow and contribute to development standards and processes
- Participate in the development and maintenance of shared tools and components
What you bring:
- Proficient in C# and C++/CLI
- Self-organized and structured attitude
- A good understanding of WPF, and the model to support it (MVVM)
- Excellent teamwork abilities
- Motivated to make designer's and artist's life easier
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Any relevant code/work samples you can provide are highly appreciated
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/