Deliver complex high quality UI assets, features and experiences from an ergonomic, aesthetic and technical perspective within the constraints of the game.
- Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
- Complete assigned tasks and supervise team members through any stages of the production process from conception through to final sign off;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to develop significant feature direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
- Support the Lead to ensure successful sign off process for own work and others work by conducting reviews, critiquing work and providing suitable feedback;
- Efficiently communicate and support messages from management;
- Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods;
- Collaborate effectively with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to produce features and assets;
- Implement, optimise and verify (utilising user testing), the functionality and usability of features;
- Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows within the group;
- Share knowledge and motivate artists within the team;
- Creatively and consistently apply the project art direction, and assist others to ensure consistency throughout the work;
- Support the Lead UI Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Excellent graphic design skills (e.g. design, layout, typography etc.);
- Up to date knowledge on current trends in visual communication;
- Advanced motion graphics skills;
- Knowledge of data management software (such as Perforce);
- Expert knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects etc.);
- In-depth knowledge of industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines;
- In-depth knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes;
- Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines.
- 5 years’ minimum experience within UI art or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Has shipped at least 1title as a UI Artist; preferably full project cycles on ‘AAA’ console titles;
- Experience with 3D applications (Maya, 3DS Max);
- Proficiency in scripting (e.g. ActionScript, Python etc.) is desirable.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.