Senior Ui Technical Designer
Technical UI Designer will focus more on the design and implementation aspects. The candidate will gain hands-on experience with the editor and tools, assisting the UI Design, Art and Code departments in crafting the player experiences. This individual will develop, document and support the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
The candidate, based on their skillsets and interest, will also have the opportunity to explore various career paths e.g. in game design, UX design or tools designer, as part of career progression and development.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with UI designers and UI programmers, as well as developers from other disciplines, to develop game content
- Implement and maintain UI assets in the game’s engine
- Find a balance between desired aesthetics and the technical constraints of the engine
- Ensure the technical consistency and integrity of UI assets, by means of profiling and optimization
- Get ahead of technical problems and (help) solve them before they arise
- Communicate efficiently with the other teams on the problems you met and the solutions to bring
- Help with ideas and feedback in the development of the UI editor
- Test and debug UI content to ensure there is no conflict with the rest of the game
- Understand and develop best practices, workflows and pipelines within the UI team
- Assist in the development of necessary skills in the UI team
- Strong UI asset implementation at a technical level, open to all industry's however gaming will be a bonus
- Good understanding of UX in interactive applications and has a flair for animations
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view
- Team Player with strong interpersonal and communication skills with willingness to learn new techniques and share knowledge openly
- Analytical thinking with the capacity to quickly understand game design rules, mechanics, balancing concepts and techniques
- Experience with standard industry software such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Basic scripting knowledge
- Possesses a flair for animations
GOOD TO HAVE
- Knowledge of C++ or any other programming language
- Working knowledge of Graphics Mathematics (Vectors, trigonometry, matrices, Boolean logic, etc)
- Knowledge of rendering pipelines
- Knowledge of a shader language, experience writing and maintaining shaders
We are working to enrich players’ lives through unique and memorable gaming experiences and by improving the positive impacts of our games. To get there, we are creating a safer, more inclusive work environment, we are giving back to the communities where Ubisoft operates by working with local non-profit partners and by working to reduce the environmental impact of our business. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!