For this role, you will be a semi-embedded researcher and have a working understanding of a range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. You enjoy collaboration and working as a semi-embedded researcher that partners with a diverse team consisting of studio leads, product managers, marketing, designers, engineers, and fellow researchers. You can translate business questions, develop and execute a research strategy and provide applicable insights that improve the play experience, deepen audience understanding and inform the product road map. You can identify gaps in our research process and can develop protocols and practices to improve the team and our craft. You enjoy mobile gaming and believe a great player experience is inspired by an understanding of our audience.
What you will do:
- Partner with Studio leads to identify business questions/problems and develop research roadmaps that are aligned with strategic goals
- Identify gaps or areas of opportunity in our player understanding. Enhance research questions to be applicable across the studio or impact strategy
- Guide research briefs and research plans that align with the research questions and goals
- Lead the full research project lifecycle from study design, execution, analysis, to reporting with autonomy
- Lead a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques internally (heuristic evaluations, competitor analysis, market studies, playtests, diary studies, segmentation, survey) and externally (vendors) that tap into current and prospective audiences.
- Provide synthesized and tangible recommendations that facilitate partner understanding and integrate insights into the marketing and product roadmaps across the studio.
- Communicate with different Glu and EA departments, such as legal, customer service, user acquisition, and analytics for the purpose of research
- Play the games in development and contribute to design discussions and feedback sessions
- Identify and determine opportunities to improve the current research practice
- Investigate and report on new methodologies to improve research operations with the larger team
- Mentor other researchers, guiding efforts and providing coaching.
- 4+ years experience (or equivalent) leading consumer research or marketing research in fashion, design, gaming or mobile app spaces
- BA, BS, MS, MBA, MFA or PhD in Computer Science, HCI, Human Factors, Design, Social Science or related fields
- Experience with qualitative research techniques with some experience with mixed methods or vendor management
- Interest in exploring cutting edge methodologies or applying research methods from other fields to gaming or other entertainment sectors
- Ability to visualize data in unique ways, present evidence and make recommendations to development teams (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote or other infographic tool)