Senior UX Designer - Teamfight Tactics
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That’s where you come in
As UX Designers at Riot, we are responsible for design work in high-scope product areas that are complex and ambiguous. Our work includes end-to-end experience design. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features and span across teams. We work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to achieve our goals.
As a Senior UX Designer on the Team Fight Tactics team, you will be responsible for UX design across TFT, from experimental game modes to client flow to progression systems to core gameplay. You will be an adept storyteller, able to present the player experience to members of your team, and you’ll partner with members of a multidisciplinary team to establish targets for the player experience and interaction design details.
- Improve the overall UX/UI design systematically to enable TFT to become an evergreen product and better serve our players.
- Establish a sustainable approach and framework for UX and UI by focusing on the game's long-term growth.
- Build wireframes, interactive prototypes, and presentations for proof of concept and implementation.
- Present and communicate data-informed design ideas, vision, and strategy through visual storytelling.
- Articulate design decisions and communicate your data-informed vision, design rationale, and solutions to team members and stakeholders.
- Foster a strong, trusted relationship by managing stakeholder expectations within Riot across different teams and initiatives.
- Define the quality bar and working process for your discipline.
- Understanding the existing visual style, collaborating with design discipline leadership, and knowing when and where to push boundaries beyond the guides to enhance players’ experiences further and create players’ value.
- Work cross-functionally to execute your initiative's creative vision and strategy; collaborate with art and engineers to create a compelling experience that meets the goals for player interaction and the overall client experience.
- Create visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show a firm grasp of readability, content hierarchy, differences in game platforms, and player behavior patterns.
- Making visual assets that are needed for the client.
- 5+ years of experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Hands-on experience contributing to a significant feature, game, product launch, or entertainment property through the craft of visual communication design.
- Strong ability to grasp product vision and goals.
- Experience designing interfaces and interactions for game clients.
- Experience with UX design tools such as Figma, Invision, Indesign, Adobe Creative Suite, Miro, or other industry design and prototyping tools.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC visual design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline, including optimization, localization, and UI implementation.
- Experience in UX/UI Design for AAA games.
- Broad or secondary UX skills outside your core specialty: interaction design, content strategy, user research, information architecture, visual design, UI animation, etc.
- Experience designing interfaces and interactions for mobile.
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits