Senior VFX Artist - Unannounced AAA title
As a Senior VFX Artist at Ubisoft Barcelona, you will join the team responsible for several gameplay features on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, and continue their mission to develop exciting, challenging and forward-thinking features and next-gen visuals for an upcoming AAA title.
You will be working alongside the art team to create believable high-quality VFX set ups and work closely under the guidance of the Lead Artist and Expert Artists to achieve a consistent level of quality. The ideal candidate must be able to proof skills through a portfolio showcasing the final work as well as a breakdown of the workflow used.
What you´ll do
- Create high quality in-game visual effects and particle systems.
- Create and tweak real-time shaders.
- Master the editor’s tools and pipelines for VFX creation and optimization.
- Work with designers, artists, and programmers in order to achieve aesthetic excellence.
- Create and optimize particle effects including natural phenomena such as rain or wind, fog, explosions, destruction, smoke, and fire.
- Follow concept art, story boards, written descriptions, and scripts to prototype and implement VFX in game.
- Work within the performance limitations and set tech budgets.
What you´ll bring
- At least 4-5 years of professional experience as a VFX Artist – preferably working on AAA PC/console titles.
- Demonstrable experience in AAA videogames or similar real time projects on the same role/position.
- Experience with real-time/game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
- Experience with particle systems and geometry based visual effects.
- Strong image creation and edition skills.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Fluency with English is a must.
- Easy to understand and communicate in technical language.
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility.
- Problem-solving and open mind as well as autonomous and proactive attitude.
- Experience with Houdini in games development.
- Any other game related art or design experience (modelling, scripting, etc.)
Our studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! We bet that you know Barcelona, either for its amazing architecture / monuments, famous nightlife, restaurants, super weather and beaches, culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different foods, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-minded and dynamic people.
We encourage everyone to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture to develop the best AAA game and invest time in playing any type of games, if it’s together, even better!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to meet you!
Benefits and perk
- Restaurant Tickets: 120 € per month (1440€ net/Year).
- 25 working days of holidays and the day of your birthday.
- Flexible working hours & Flexible Friday.
- Work from home (Up to 60 % in a month).
- Beneficial Price to a Health Care Insurance for you (and eventually to the members of your family).
- Beneficial Price to Sport activities and gym (app: Andjoy).
- Access to tax discounts from your public transport and kindergarten costs.
- Free Fruits and drinks in the Office.
- Breakfast on Monday in the Office.
- Free access to Ubisoft games on PC / Discounts for Ubisoft console games.
- Team Building events.
- Relocation Assistance and Visa sponsorship.
Ubisoft Barcelona as an equal opportunity employer is committed to create an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, age, marital status, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from different backgrounds.
We encourage you to provide
- CV in English (In respect of the EOE statement we don´t require personal information such as picture, home address, ID number, etc.)