Senior VFX Artist
Senior VFX Artist
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles and Vancouver-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Senior 3D Artist like you to help us craft the most realistic and exciting destruction effects in the industry. This role will report to our Art Line Manager, based in our studio in Los Angeles. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options.
Work task examples:
- In this hands-on role, you will create stunning real-time visual effects using a mastery of high-quality particle effects, textures, and shaders
- Work with the Project Art Director to define a consistent style for VFX and to ensure the quality of the assets for all aspects of the project
- Provide guidance during creative discussions with Design, Engineering and other Art Craft Leads
- Collaborating and problem solving with studios across time zones
- Mentor other artists by sharing knowledge
- Lead by example, creating a strong sense of purpose and community, and promoting a culture of excellence
- Assist in scoping work for on time milestone deliveries
Skills We Look For:
- Ability to create fully optimized and hyper realistic in-game VFX
- Ability to optimize effects for performance on multiple platforms
- Experience creating effects and scripting with Unreal a plus
- Strong sense of lighting, color, form and motion
- Strong proficiency in technical problem solving
- Self-motivated and the ability to collaborate effectively within a team
- Previous game production experience with multiple shipped titles
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we might ask you to perform a practical work exercise. Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio.