Senior VFX Artist - XDefiant
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and implementation of high quality Visual Effects to support story, art direction and gameplay
- Translate reference, concept art, story boards, written game design briefs, and verbal directions into prototype and implement real-time VFX in game
- Create a wide variety of real-time special effects using sprite-based particle systems along with pixel and vertex shaders; e.g. rain, snow, smoke, explosion, destruction, weapon, fire, geometry, surface shader, and full screen effects
- Create and optimize VFX to run within performance limitations
- Identify and best practices of VFX workflow
- Work with Art and Programming teams to anticipate and solve technical challenges within given constraints and visual requirements
- R&D on new industry technology and trends to improve the project's visual quality and efficiency
- Prioritize, plan, and organize VFX Domain tasks using Hansoft with the Producer/Associate Producer
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Mid to senior level of professional VFX experience in game or film industry
- Experience in a senior role with a minimum of one shipped game title
- A minimum of 2 shipped titles
- Proficient in creating high quality VFX using Maya, Houdini, or other equivalent tools
- A creative thinker who feels comfortable experimenting and presenting approaches and solutions that help push the edge of what’s possible with FX
- Experience with proprietary game engine(s)
- Production experience utilizing particle systems and other forms of dynamic simulations
- Able to balance quality and technical constraints
- Understanding of weight, timing, and animation
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft is composed of over 21,000 talented people located in 45+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
We are committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
The San Francisco base salary range for this full-time position is $113,000 – 147,000. The base pay offered may vary based on a candidate’s geographic region, qualifications, skills and experience among other factors. Compensation details reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, stock options, or benefits.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.