Senior Video/Cinematic Artist [Star Wars Project]
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
We are looking for a Video/Cinematic Artist to join our Brand Team – who has a real passion for creating video content, ranging from captures in-game, setting up sequences in the game engine, motion graphics, and video editing.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do
- Setting up Cinematic scenes from start to finish using in-engine tools including previs and animation blockout, camera animation, character setup and animation as well as prop dressing, lighting and post-production
- Editing game trailers and other marketing and production-based materials
- Supporting with recordings of footage for videos; either shooting scenes in the virtual world of our games or filming on-location interviews with video equipment
- Scoping your work to expectations and deliver organized projects
- Designing motion graphics, title cards and transitions for videos as well as applying post-effects to footage and color-correction
- Taking ownership for certain projects and self-produce/direct when necessary
What you'll bring
You are excited about games, storytelling, and cinematography. Your good time management skills enable you to create quality content on schedule, in a fast-paced environment. You are curious and open to new ideas while actively looking for the best solution to the task at hand. You are comfortable working autonomously and can present your ideas in a clear way. You enjoy collaborating with peers and are a good communicator to express your ideas and suggestions. You are open to feedback and thrive in a creative and innovative environment.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A showreel or portfolio is required to be considered for this role
- Experience in gameplay capturing and editing
- Proven experience working within video game engines to craft bespoke scenes
- General knowledge of Game Engines such as Unity, Unreal or similar is a must
- Fluency in Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Extensive knowledge of cinematography and composition
- Knowledge of color grading, sound editing/mixing, 3D or Visual Effects, and/or still photography is beneficial
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.