As a lead programmer, you will be responsible for leading, developing, motivating and managing a team of programmers in collaboration with the Tech Lead, as well as the collaboration with the other teams on the project. You will be also responsible for defining and tracking the schedule for your team, managing and mentoring individuals within the engineering team, and being an evangelist for the project.
- Lead a programming discipline team at a technical and personnel level;
- Work with the production, programmers, design and art leads to create task and schedule estimates for programming team and track development efforts across the team;
- Balance staying on top of the code base/tech, actively engineering game systems/tools with the management requirements and responsibilities of a discipline lead;
- Determine the tech needs for the team, helping to establish clear coding best practices;
- Ensure the delivery of practical and timely solutions by the gameplay engineering team that meets the game design and technical requirements
- Identify risks and provide relevant solutions to complex problems;
- Coordinate, mentor and build a cohesive programming team;
- Continually review the game and development process and identify areas that need improvement.
- 3+ yrs experience in the game development industry;
- 2+ yrs of relevant experience as team lead;
- Experience in managing team of 4+ employees is a must;
- Extensive knowledge of C++ programming and debugging;
- Strong understanding of multithreaded/parallel programming;
- Problem-solving and open-minded;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
- Strong leadership skills, autonomous and proactive attitude, results-oriented;
- Sense of initiative, attention to details;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Working well in a team environment;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Good oral and written communication in English;
- Updating job knowledge proactively;
- Analytical and synthesis skills;
- Capacity to produce efficient software design;
- Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code;
- Passion for making and playing games.
- International AAA game projects;
- Access to cutting-edge hardware;
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines;
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues;
- Opportunity to travel abroad;
- Medical / Life insurance;
- English / French courses;
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation.
If you want to see your name in credits of Ubisoft’s games. Excited by the idea of communicating with IT professionals from all over the world. Passionate about technology and video games.
Ubisoft Odesa has an opportunity for you!