Service Desk Engineer (Junior / Mid-level)
No day will be the same for you as a Service Desk Engineer. From the moment you log in until the moment you are done for the day, there is always a new challenge ahead.
Each day starts with a handover with the US colleagues to ensure you are aware of the latest tasks at hand, after which you manage the servers of our customers and resolve their issues. A knack for effective multitasking is necessary – while you are busy keeping our customers happy, colleagues from different departments will also ask for your advice or help.
After lunchtime, a large game publisher submits a request. You can fulfill it either by yourself or with your team to ensure the customer is happy with the result. Sometimes, an incident happens, so you must quickly switch tasks to limit the impact on our customers to a minimum. With the incident solved, you communicate it to our customers with a write-up before returning to your regular duties. Before you sign off, you hand over any tasks or incidents to colleagues in the US at the end of your day.
- Acting as the first point of contact for i3D.net
- Executing work assignments from home, the i3D.net office, or the Rotterdam data center and other locations around the world
- Being actively involved in the delivery of small and large games and enterprise projects
- Maintaining and deploying servers (software)
- Answering questions and resolving issues for game, bare metal, and colocation services through our support channels
- Announcing worldwide maintenance schedules
- Taking care of the ticket system, so our customers never have to wait
- Obtaining relevant certification (paid for by i3D.net)
At i3D.net, who you are is just as important as what you can do. You’ll be a hands-on self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. You can be your own master and relish the opportunity to structure your own days and interconnect with a multitude of people both in and outside the company. You can balance customer focus with business needs and have both strong analytical and communication skills. Most importantly, you’re a team player who can stand your ground in a fast-paced but fun working environment.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Intermediate knowledge of operating systems, such as Linux (Ubuntu/CentOS) and Windows Server
- Basic knowledge of network technologies to troubleshoot and resolve incidents
- Basic experience with server hardware
- Analytical skills to resolve incidents quickly and accurately or to suggest and implement improvements
- Proven communication skills with a team-oriented, proactive attitude
- Well-versed in Dutch and English
What does i3D.net offer you?
- A challenging and dynamic job in an international company
- A competitive salary (depending on education, knowledge, and experience)
- 25 vacation days (excluding national holidays)
- Travel allowance & work-from-home budget
- Collective pension scheme
- All the hardware and software you need to perform, including a laptop
- Career guidance including remuneration of relevant education, courses, and training
- A modern office in a prime location with open workplaces
- Free access to Ubisoft games through Ubisoft Connect
- Free use of the in-house gym
i3D.net is an equal opportunity employer. At i3D.net, we believe in a fair and equal workplace for all and foster an environment that is inclusive as well as diverse. We do not discriminate based on color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender (identity), age, mental or physical abilities, or other characteristics. We believe that employees thrive when they can be comfortable and be themselves! We encourage candidates to apply knowing that they will be considered solely on their merits and qualifications.