Silicon Design Engineer 2 - 162143
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The SOC RTG team develops leading edge discrete graphics SOCs. The team owns SOC execution and is actively engaged from architecture to production. Working as part of the SOC leadership team, candidates will gain knowledge in system and IP level design, SOC architecture and implementation strategies.
- Must have good communication & analytical thinking skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Integrate AMD internal IPs RTL/DV environments into SoC
- Debug function/performance of Graphics, Display, SMU IPs
- Engage with IP and SOC teams to drive closure to IP RTL quality metrics (ie: area, timing, DFP, LINT, CDC)
- Work with global Front-End design team and physical design team for large scale ASIC chip physical implementation
- Drive design and methodology improvements across teams to improve overall program execution
- Participate in defining and implementing the design power-intent (power-gating / voltage islands)
- Proficiency with Verilog/VHDL RTL design languages
- ASIC DV experience in reusable verification methodology such as UVM
- Knowledge of chip bus interfaces such as AHB,AXI and various standard peripherals & interfaces is a plus
- Have hands-on experience in chip level Design/Integration activities
- Have in depth knowledge of entire design process from design specification, defining architecture, micro-architecture, RTL design and functional verification, Synthesis, Physical Design, Timing closure, Tape-out, and post-Si debug
- Some exposure to DFT is a strong plus
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
Requisition Number: 162143
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.