Silicon Design Engineer 2
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Design Engineer 2
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for post-silicon activities related to power and performance characterization and optimization of AMD discrete GPU products
Must be a self-starter, and able to independently drive tasks to completion
- Developing and executing power and perf/watt characterization and optimization test plans for different usage scenarios (3D, multimedia, Static Screen, etc.).
- Analyzing interactions between various power management features and optimize their configurations for power and performance
- Developing post-Si power models for key usage scenarios
- Support prototyping experiments for improving current and implementing new features that impact performance and power
- Debugging and troubleshooting system-level issues that may occur in test environments and platforms
- Proactively driving continuous improvement for post-silicon power and performance activities
- Participating in the product definition process
- Good understanding of computer organization/architecture.
- Deep understanding of digital electronics
- Understanding of Power/thermal management
- Extensive laboratory experience, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Strong analytical /problem solving skills and pronounced attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong programming skills: C or C++, and a scripting language (for example: Perl, PHP, Shell)
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electronics/Computer Engineering or Computer Science with emphasis on computer architecture and workload analysis
- 1+ years’ experience preferred.
Requisition Number: 182245
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.