Site Reliability Engineer
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. Making games is fun, but also tough. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Tracktwenty is an Electronics Arts mobile game studio based in the center of Helsinki. The studio brought SimCity BuildIt to mobile and the game has more than 200 million installs to date. As well as growing SimCity BuildIt, the studio's passionate team of programmers, artists, designers, marketers and analysts are working to create the next big hit to come out of Finland for EA Mobile.
You will work as a member of the studio server engineering team. Your main responsibility will be to build and maintain live infrastructure, release deployment pipelines and support the development team with needed tooling.
You will report into a Lead Server Engineer.
- Support the live infrastructure.
- Respond to outages to ensure public availability of our online services.
- Refine processes to develop a culture of quality and high availability.
- Automate processes to increase efficiency.
- Keep monitoring up-to-date.
- Maintain deployment software and tools (Jenkins, Gitlab CI).
- Work with developers to ensure on time delivery of services.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotations support and maintenance activities.
- Knowledge in script languages (Bash, Python, Go).
- 3+ years Linux Systems Engineering or Admin experience.
- Experience of managing applications in high availability sites.
- Experience with cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services or
- Google Cloud Platform.
- Knowledge on networking (load balancing, TCP/IP, Virtual IP, certificates).
- EKS or equivalent containerised application management platform.
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience with observability tools, such as Zabbix, Grafana, Prometheus.
- Experience with database usage in scalable systems. Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL such as Redis and MongoDB
- Familiarity with Java-based technologies such as Apache Tomcat.