SMTS - GFX Sub-System Design (181761)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Role: We are seeking highly skilled Senior Member of Technical Staff (SMTS) to work on GFX sub-system design . There are more than one design positions open in Bangalore and Hyderrabad for various GFX sub-systems.
Responsibilities: In this role, he/she would be responsible for feature definition and specing, micro-architecture and coding of one of the several GFX sub-system block(s) / RISC cores / memory sub-systems (more than one option available). Successful candidates will be a member of the GFX IP design team responsible for designing GFX sub-systems for various GFX segments. Successful candidates will work with architects and design/verification leads to deliver bug-free design. Candidates will be responsible for driving power, performance, area and frequency for their blocks/sub-systems.
- 10+ years’ work experience preferred.
- Must have 6+ years of experience in designing complex components (must have done 3+ design with at least 100K gates of control logic).
- Design experience of memory hierarchy, caches, address translations schemes is a plus.
- Design experience of CPU/RISC cores is a plus
- Design experience of any of the GPU sub-system block is plus
- Experience of multiple working silicon, involvement in silicon debug is a plus.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and pronounced attention to details. Must be a self-starter, and able to independently drive tasks to completion.
- Good teamwork and communications skills are required
B.E/B.Tech or M.E/M.Tech degree in ECE/ Electrical Engineering
Requisition Number: 181761
Country/Region/Location: India State/Province: Karnataka City: Bangalore
Job Function: Design