SMTS Silicon Design Engineer - 161602
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
ASIC Physical Design Technical Lead - SMTS
1. Technical lead of five to eight senior level engineers
2. Tasks to include Full Chip Level Floor planning, Bus / Pin Planning, feed-thru planning, Clock Tree Synthesis, Placement, Optimization, Routing, Parasitic Extraction, Static Timing Analysis,Full Chip Timing, Constraints, Top-level clock planning, Physical Verification and Sign Off
3. Identify complex technical problems, break them down, summarize multiple possible solutions, and lead the team in the right direction
4. Drive and hands-on flow development and scripting
5. Technical and schedule discussion with multi-site engineers and managers
1. 10+ years experience with BSEE/BSCS or 8+ years of MSEE or MSCE in ASIC Physical Design from RTL to GDSII
2. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills along with attention to details
3. Top level Floor planning, Partitioning, Pin Placement, Reuse Block Planning, Full chip clock planning for top level mesh and clock stations.
4. Experience in Full Chip pipelining and buffering, HFN buffering and feed through planning will be plus.
5. Experince in Full Chip Timing closure.
6. Strong Timing closure skills including signal integrity, RC extraction, Clock tree synthesis, and library understanding.
7. Hands on experience in taping out 7nm, 10nm, and 28nm SOC
8. Working experience on CAD tools from Synopsys, Cadence and Mentor Graphics
9. Strong communication, Time Management, and Presentation Skills
10. Must be a self-starter, and be able to independently and efficiently drive tasks to completion
11. Ability to provide mentorship and guidance to junior and senior engineers, and be an effective team player
Requisition Number: 161602
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.