SMTS Silicon Design Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Senior High Performance CPU Physical Designer
In this role, you will join the high-performance core physical design team with the charter to own a portion of the core in which you will start with Synthesis and deliver a Placed and Routed design that meets all required criteria. You will work directly with external disciplines (CAD/DFT/Architecture); for example, working with the architects to optimize critical timing paths.
The successful candidate will independently execute design work and contribute technically with a high general impact on the overall design. We are seeking someone who is innovative and eager to learn. Does this describe you? If so, then join us!
- Implement working knowledge of principles of logic and transistor level circuit design, CAD tools and expertise in one of many functional areas (e.g., clocks, standard cell libraries, synthesis, place and route, electrical analysis, etc.).
- Innovate and improve the design. Point out lower power and higher performance tradeoffs.
- Preparing schedules and scope several months in advance, such as building the analysis schedule for a given flow step or setting the delivery of a circuit macro across the project.
- Prepare well thought out recommendations for technical reviews (e.g., design tradeoffs, bringing a list of various options to a technical review, then submitting a strong recommendation).
- Mastery of logic, circuit design, CMOS transistor design, and CAD tools for high-performance design.
MS degree in Electrical Engineering
Requisition Number: 187001
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.