SMTS Software Development Eng.
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD networking group deliver Data Center Networking silicon and software– including SmartNICs for hyperscale cloud deployments and low-latency adapters for financial services and machine learning applications. We're changing the way operating systems, applications and the hardware interact to allow computer networks to be faster, more responsive and more reliable. Our architectural approach combines hardware and software to deliver high-performance adapter products and application-acceleration middleware for superior performance in a wide range of applications.
We are expanding the software test team who are responsible for verification and validation of our cutting-edge, networking, low-latency Ethernet Adapters, and SmartNIC technology.
As part of a larger team, you will play a pivotal role in helping to test our solutions to ensure they meet the end-customer requirements, utilizing a comprehensive framework of heavily automated test suites. These aren’t just simple scripts, but are powerful, multi-threaded test harnesses that stress our products to the limit, verifying that they do what they’re supposed to and are reliable in the face of adverse conditions.
Working from a feature requirement spec, you will design, write, execute and support comprehensive test cases using modern test frameworks, based on defined and extrapolated use cases.
In close collaboration with a development team during the test cycle of our products, you will be using our home-grown tool chain to run literally tens of thousands of test cases, analyse the results, present results clearly and concisely, and dig deeper into the issues found to gain an understanding of the problem.
• Understanding relevant product features under test
• Develop new and extend existing test cases and capabilities in Python
• Develop test specifications
• Running tests and generating results
• Analysing results and identifying/triaging product issues
• Identifying and addressing deficiencies in the test harnesses
• Proactively identifying and proposing opportunities for improvement in the test suite
• Assuming ownership of a testing domain
• 10+ years experience in a software test and/or software development role, with demonstrable expertise in this role
• Good understanding of quality, testing methodologies and approaches
• Be able to show solid familiarity with Linux-based systems
• Good communication and inter-personal skills
• Excellent attention to detail and organization
• Good understanding of PC architecture and Linux environments
• Solid bug reporting/triage skills
• Experience of networking protocols would be desirable (TCP, IP, UDP, ICMP, ARP, etc.)
Country: United Kingdom Province: Cambridgeshire City: Cambridge
Job Function: Design