SoC Architect - Chiplet Lead
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The candidate will be immersed in diverse, multi-site/geography environment, focusing on the definition and development of the next generation AMD systems. By helping to define the compute world of the future, this role touches all the dimensions of the AMD business, ranging from the HPC to Ultra low power domain.
The candidate should have an experience in the compute or interconnect architecture, understanding of the SW stack, good communication skills, and be passioned about pushing the boundaries and driving technologically disruptive approaches.
- Driving definition and development of AMD System on Chip, Power/Performance Management, Interconnect, and efficient Chiplet based infrastructure
- Driving standardization and re-use of the AMD system, die level components and protocols
- Driving ultra-low power optimizations across AMD domains
- Defining system level coordination/interaction between SW and HW layers, thinking in the end-to-end way across the system stack
- Proven experience in the architectural definition and development of the compute or interconnect system or system on chip.
- Knowledge and understanding of the SW stack (applications, OS/ Kernel, Driver, FW) and SW to HW interfaces.
- Knowledge and understanding of the QoS (quality of service) approaches, power, and performance management.
- Desired - MSc or BSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Santa Clara,CA., Austin, TX., Boxborough, MA., or Markham, Canada
Requisition Number: 181661
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.