Job Title Social marketing Associate (Publishing and Production)
The Social Marketing Associate for Publishing and Production plays a critical role in the execution of both social media marketing and content production. Focused equally on the operational and creative nature of the work, this role manages the master content calendar, publishing across all channels, and project management for creative production. Reporting into the Director of Digital Consumer Engagement, this role also contributes as a key member of the Digital Consumer Engagement team, executing on social, community, streaming, email and mobile marketing initiatives while measuring against key performance indicators (KPIs) with data aggregation and reporting.
What You’ll Do
- Own and operate the editorial calendar ensuring key marketing beats are populated and executed against by the larger team.
- Own the publishing of social content across all accounts according to editorial calendar, ensuring posts have gone live and following up on any errors.
- Project manage the production of social media and email creative from ideation to delivery, ensuring deadlines are met and every detail is accounted for.
- Utilize social media expertise to quality check and enhance content, sometimes providing notes and feedback to creative teams.
- Creation of all tasks using project management software to support the larger team by tracking all social media and email copy through editing and localization processes.
- Field reporting requests by pulling owned channel data and/or listening report data.
- Assist department leads by creating reporting templates to share information and data internally.
- Contribute creative assets to master social library including gif creation for evergreen/engagement content posts.
- Field overflow content requests including writing copy for both social marketing and community needs.
- Manage coordination with our moderation team for weekend content and holidays.
- Communicate extensively with larger team and internal partners about project updates, published posts, and general health of tools and platforms.
What You’ll Bring
- 1-2 years’ experience in either community management utilizing social networks and/or social media marketing. Content Producing or agency production experience a plus.
- Preliminary knowledge of digital marketing channels including social (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), email (Gmail, Apple Mail, etc.) and/or community (Vanilla Forums, Reddit, etc).
- Experience with publishing, calendar, social listening and/or reporting tools. Preferably Sprinklr, Opal and/or Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly known as ExactTarget).
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage several projects and beats concurrently.
- A passion for Pokémon, with first-hand knowledge and deep expertise in the franchise is a huge plus.
How You Will Be Successful
- Work Excellence: You show concern for quality, accuracy, and completeness of work activities. You plan your work activities in advance to ensure that assignments are completed timely and accurately.
- Communication: You pride yourself on delivering clear, effective communications and possess active listening skills.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to complete deliverables with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage others in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to the team; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization.
- Effective Enthusiasm: You exhibit persistence, confidence and a relentlessly positive mindset.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives, including weekends.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.