Social Media & Digital Publishing Coordinator - Blizzard
Job Title:Social Media & Digital Publishing Coordinator - Blizzard
Job Title: Social Media & Digital Publishing Coordinator - Blizzard
Reporting To: Social Media & Digital Publishing Manager
Department: Marketing Communications
Location: Office based (Soho, London) & hybrid work from home
Contract Term: Permanent
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
Our office is based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shops and leading film companies, media offices and phenomenal restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It's conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations and has a well-stocked kitchen and a free on-site gym.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Support social media marketing and content publishing, with a primary focus on one our much-loved Blizzard gaming titles (which include Overwatch®, World of Warcraft® and Diablo®). Your passion and social media expertise will help us to delight our players through world class, high engagement social media channels.
Working closely with Global and EMEA Marketing and PR teams you will thrive in an energetic team environment and be a natural team-player.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Support the Blizzard Social Media Manager and Social Media Specialists with day to day operations and tasks
- In collaboration with our social media agency team, support transcreation and publishing of global US English content across an EMEA-wide network of Social and Digital platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
- Proficiency with tools such as Sprinklr and Microsoft Office, to ensure timely planning, publishing and tracking of social content
- Support Global digital marketing teams and EMEA game brand teams to ensure EMEA channels amplify priority marketing and content assets – getting our content on the right channels at the right time
- Ensure local content activations are brought to life on our social channels. Support the social team’s partnering with EMEA cross-functional teams by bringing your expertise and creativity to innovative projects
Coordinate publishing requests to our website team for Battle.net.
- Develop an effective partnership with the internal Community and Influencers teams to enhance close collaboration and a player-first approach
- Travel or occasional out of hours work (with time off then taken back in lieu) may be required
A proactive and approachable personality that oozes team spirit with the added extra of being a go-getter, ambitious in nature, with a great sense of fun. In addition, you’ll have:
- Previous experience of Social Media platforms and content management
- Experience developing and executing Social Media channel plans
- Experience working with digital content planning & publishing tools (e.g Sprinklr, Spredfast)
- A collaborative and ‘can do’ demeanour that enables successful working within sophisticated, matrix organisations, brand or agency-side
- Excellent multi-tasking skills while maintaining attention to detail
- A keen curiosity about using data and metrics to understand the success of social posts and channels
- Good proactivity and self-motivation with a desire to always find solutions and deliver on goals
- Proven experience in self-prioritisation of work, balancing workload, and appropriately responding to urgent matters
- Build productive relationships by using your excellent written and verbal English skills along with good partner management skills
- Additional EU language(s) would be useful, but not crucial
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- A willingness to travel should it be required in role
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification or criteria, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to crafting a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage all to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.