Social Media & Digital Publishing Specialist - Diablo
Job Title:Social Media & Digital Publishing Specialist - Diablo
Job Title: Social Media & Digital Publishing Specialist - Diablo
Reporting To: Social Media & Digital Publishing Manager
Department: Marketing Communications
Location: Office based (Soho, London) & hybrid work from home
Contract Term: Permanent
Activision Blizzard plays a central role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
Our office in London has free snacks, drinks and an on-site gym! Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End, with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and excellent restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is also walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
With your deep knowledge and passion for Diablo, you’ll bring your love of gaming (and Blizzard games in particular) to life on our channels, ensuring that our digital presence is best-in-class. You’ll ensure Diablo social channels thrive and grow with outstanding content that our players delight in and engage with.
Working closely with EMEA (Brand, PR, Influencer, Territory) teams, global counterparts and our creative agency, you’ll be responsible for day-to-day social media campaign and digital marketing content publishing, while ensuring long-term growth and efficiency of our channels.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Support with transcreation, creative origination and publishing of content across Social and Digital platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and websites including Battlenet for EMEA.
- Identify tactical content opportunities to support key franchises in EMEA and ensure we are delivering key marketing messages to our players.
- Deliver reporting around campaign/content performance utilising several in-house and external tool sets.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (local and global HQ) to develop and execute local content opportunities. This could include working with global franchise Digital Marketing leads to pitch, develop and execute truly Global digital franchise campaigns, or with our internal Community teams to drive a consistent feedback loop to update content strategy.
- Support other Blizzard channels when needed
A functional specialist in all things Social and Digital Marketing and a confident, proactive and empathic personality, you’re a great team-player who will thrive in an upbeat team environment. You value team spirit and are a go-getter, ambitious and tenacious in nature, happy to work autonomously when required, with a great sense of humour.
A passion for gaming and entertainment is crucial. You love playing games, boast good knowledge of Activision Blizzard titles, and enjoy connecting with other players.
In addition, you will have:
- Previous experience of Social Media and Digital Content Publishing experience, preferably for a brand within the gaming or entertainment sector.
- Experience working with digital content planning tools (e.g Opal, Trello), social publishing tools (e.g Sprinklr, Spredfast) and digital reporting/social listening tools preferred.
- Strong business sense with strategic, analytical and creative abilities. Also experienced in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Clear self-motivation – able to self-prioritise work and respond appropriately to urgent matters while also exceeding high-performance standards.
- Able to build positive relationships by using excellent written and verbal English skills along with strong partner management skills.
- A willingness to travel (should it be required)
Additional EU language such as French or German would be helpful but not essential.
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more meaningful. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience happiness, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming.
Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating diversity is at the core of our culture and ensures we can crbuildames for players of a diverse group of backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an outstanding track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash BandicootTM, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy CrushTM, Bubble WitchTM, Pet RescueTM and Farm HeroesTM. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as advised by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.