Social Media Manager – French Market
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Social Media Manager – French Market
Job Summary: The French Market Social Media Manager will lead on Social Media tactics, content creation, asset development, and community interaction across the French Market. They are responsible for content production and localisation across multiple channels including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok and beyond - including campaign planning, content calendar maintenance, community interaction, and development of continuous improvement measures.
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Lead on day-to-day development and execution of Social Media content for French-speaking market, executing on multiple channels including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok and beyond.
- Work with product-focused Social Media colleagues to ensure distribution of campaign assets is coordinated across social platforms and optimised for the French market.
- Create and maintain a French Market specific content calendar in association with Senior Manager.
- Lead on digital asset development and approval processes with internal stakeholders for French Market content, ensuring continuous improvements to content performance and production efficiency.
- Proactively monitor French Market Pokémon brand conversation through Social Media channels and social listening platforms, actioning and developing business intelligence reporting and direct audience engagement tactics.
- Track daily posts and content performance for French Market, ensuring performance targets are met, assisting Senior Manager with reporting and analysis as required.
- Lead on approval of TPCi external partner content within French market in accordance with TPCi's Social Media policies. Training external partners and developing, enforcing brand training guidelines as needed.
- Communicate departmental needs and provide guidance to community moderation team, ensuring vendor maintains TPCi’s guidelines, standards, and escalation policies.
- Develop and maintain expanded levels of support for TPCi event coverage, attending TPCi events and tournaments as needed, including enhanced content creation and community engagement.
- Assist the Senior Manager on special projects and ad hoc requests as required.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Native French language skills and fluency in English.
- Ideal candidate will have recent Social Media experience in community communications for a well-known entertainment property
- Advanced knowledge of Social Media platforms, including brand-specific features and functionality for YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and beyond.
- Experience with strict brand and/ or legal guidelines.
- Experience with social analytics tools.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite preferred.
- Ability to travel for TPCi events.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: £55000.00 - £83000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.