Social Media Manager
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Social Media Manager, AMD Social Media Team
AMD is looking for a self-motivated and highly creative Social Media Manager to create and execute social media strategy and measure performance for the graphics processor and gaming community. This role is fundamental for the continued growth of AMD’s GPU business and gaming community and will provide the individual with the opportunity to build a truly impactful social media presence.
The individual will be part of the AMD social media team, working directly with a social media community manager and partnering with other team members, internal stakeholders, and agency partners to establish best practices for building and executing social media campaigns through Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and LinkedIn, as well as influencer and employee advocacy initiatives.
The successful candidate has a deep understanding of social media content strategy, and a proven track record of creating strategies for, delivering, and reporting on various social media campaigns. You must be comfortable in a high-paced environment and able to prioritize work with the most incredible opportunity to grow the business.
- Maintain, develop, and optimize existing social media platform strategies, including establishing a new presence on emerging platforms
- Develop engaging and visual content plans for AMD’s products, as well as supporting program content
- Own content for several AMD social platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, and other emerging platforms
- Create social advocacy strategy for the graphics processor business and collaborate with key stakeholders to drive strong engagement
- Oversee community engagement across owned social platforms in alignment with the overarching global social strategy
- Provide analysis on all social media efforts, optimize execution, and propose additional areas of opportunity
- Define goals and KPIs for social media campaigns
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including senior management and content developers
- Proactively identify and make recommendations on poor-performing content and social-channel engagement
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and partners
- Basic understanding of the semiconductor industry
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing social media content strategy
- Proven ability to apply strategic social media objectives as they relate to growing the community and increasing engagement through shares, likes, comments, video posts, etc.
- Excellent creative writing skills with painstaking attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and respective participants (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit, Facebook, TikTok, etc.)
- The ability to work independently under deadlines, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- You are a great communicator with impeccable organizational skills
- Experience using social media scheduling and analytic tools like Khoros, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, etc.
- Experience in the gaming industry or personal gaming experience
- Experience working on an Agile marketing team
4-year degree preferred
Austin, TX USA
Requisition Number: 182941
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Communications
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.