Software Debug Engineer - 162921
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Software Debug Engineer
We are looking for a talented software engineer who is passionate about software quality and problem solving. Our team is responsible for first-level investigation on graphics driver defects. You will be working with a group of debug engineers to reproduce, analyze and debug driver defects to the root cause. You will be contributing to the bring up and delivery of new GPUs and new driver support for latest OS version into the market.
- Passionate about building quality software
- Strong technical skills and experience in software product development using C / C++
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of PC architecture and Operating System concept
- Experience in kernel and user mode debugging with Windows Debugger
- Self-motivated, goal driven and team player
- Ability to multi-task and work under fast-pace environment
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Knowledge of device driver development under Windows is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or SW Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Markham, Ontario
Requisition Number: 162921
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.