Software Development Consultant
Unity’s Accelerate Solutions team is growing and we are looking for talented Unity engineers. Our professional services team works across multiple platforms and industries, incorporating cutting edge technologies like XR, ML, robotics and IoT. We use the Unity engine to build custom software solutions in a wide range of technically diverse fields, including architecture, automotive, retail, entertainment and games!
Your day-to-day work will apply your technical skillset on an application project team. As an engineer, you’ll play a meaningful role in implementing and delivering high-quality projects. Your focus will be on solving difficult problems and implementing core features. You’re an experienced engineer that owns your work and maintains a passion to learn and grow. You have the confidence and skills to champion and implement outstanding interactive experiences.
Our cross-disciplinary teams consist of world-class developers, technical artists, 3D artists, UX & UI designers. Our goal is to inspire customers and transform industries. We are committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with small teams (2-5 engineers) to develop and deploy high-quality games and applications in an agile methodology.
- Interface with clients on technical solutions.
- Work with an engineering team lead and a project team of designers, project managers and quality analysts to develop best-in-class games and applications.
- Work with the creative team to realize a design concept into implementation.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure only high-quality software is committed.
What we’re looking for
- Proven ability to deliver products from implementation to submission with Unity and C#.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Good communicator with the ability to interface directly with clients.
- Experience with games, AR/VR, mobile apps and desktop applications.
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems.
You might also have
- Game console development (Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox)
- Experience with data modeling and UML
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Tech art experience, developing shaders or modelling and lighting scenes - Experience with IoT (e.g. BLE) or AI and machine learning - Experience with ARFoundation, ARKit or ARCore.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.