Software Development Engineer 2 - 163563
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Software Engineer for 3D Graphics Tools - 163563
The Software Tools Team develops multiple test applications to qualify and optimize AMD’s video drivers, to maximize their performance and quality on our state-of-art hardware. Our tools provide critical support for cutting-edge video games, professional 3D computer graphics, image processing and machine learning.
We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer with strong problem-solving skills, and C++ programming skills. In return, we offer opportunities for you to get hands on with exciting 3D graphics technologies. Come join our winning team!
- Learning graphics hardware and software technologies, and developing new features for our toolsets
- Work on a wide range of software development tasks, from high-level application to low-level system programing
- Work with passionate team members, to solve technical challenges and develop high quality internal and/or external facing tools
- Operate in an agile, multi-domain software environment
- Drive your tasks and features to completion and release
- C++ programming experience
- Experience with Direct3D, Vulkan, OpenGL or image processing is an asset
- Debugging experience with Visual Studio, windbg and/or gdb
- Experience with source control systems (Git/GitHub) and code review processes
- Cross platform development experience (Windows and Linux) is an asset
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Works effectively both independently and in a team environment
- University degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
Markham, Ontario, Canada
Requisition Number: 163563
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.